No limits, anyone who reblogs this gets the tracklist messaged to them.
Thank you, you’re a lovely person!
YOU ARE THE BEST PERSON EVER FOR COMING UP WITH THIS IDEA AND DOING IT.
I’m turning this off now because it is literally too sad.
I Have to get this out of my system, so please Stick with me:
I am A 17 year old singer: and I am tired..
Because The operatic world is changing. And Not in the most positive way.I haven’t been in this business long, But the fact that Body image aka “Being skinny and perfect looking” is…
helenakoonings asked: Birthday Asks: 7, 8 & 13
7. What historic event, book, fairy tale, play, movie, or television series would you love to see made into an opera? Who would the composer of your choice? The composer may be both living or deceased.
I think a Massenet opera about Lady Diana’s failing marriage to Prince Charles and her death would be very interesting.
8. Do you have one absolute favourite period when it comes to opera? Meaning baroque, classical, romantic, modern, or contemporary. If so, why is this period your favourite? If not, do you love all periods equally, or is there still a slight preference towards one? How so?
I cannot stand Baroque music. I think there are good pieces from Baroque operas, but as a genre, it bores me to death. I really love romantic and post-romantic (Strauss, Zandonai…) operas, but I’ll always be a sucker for Verismo. Verismo is definitely my favorite.
13. If you were only allowed to watch and listen to (on CD, DVD, and in live performances) five operas for the rest of your life, which five would you choose? Explain your choices in as much detail as you can.
1. Pelleas et Melisande for the sole purpose being that I don’t know this opera. I know it’s very musically complex and a very layered piece, and if it was the only thing I was listening to, I would be able to get to know it better.
2. La Traviata because this is the one opera that I want to direct. I have an entire production in my head and if I could listen to it, I would develop those ideas to an even greater extent.
3: Don Giovanni because of Don Giovanni.
4. Tristan und Isolde for the same reason as Pelleas. I would like to get to know it.
5. La Wally because it’s my favorite :-)
Helena, PLEASE ask more questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL OF YOU PLEASE ASK MORE QUESTIONS!!!!!!